WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO BE A GUARDIAN FAMILY?
Becoming a guardian family is a perfect way to own a top quality maltipoo or Doodle as a family pet, at a much lower cost. Our top priority is allowing our breeding dogs to be raised as part of a family. As our breeding program grows, we are able to do this by offering dogs to approved guardian families.
As part of our Guardian Home Program, an approved Guardian Family will be placed with a pick of the litter puppy to take home as a permanent family member. The guardian family will agree to raise, train, and care for the puppy throughout their breeding career. In return for providing a home for one of our breeding dogs, ownership is transferred to the guardian family once the dog's breeding career is over. The guardian family is responsible for all typical costs of the care and raising of a family pet, as well as the spay/neuter cost once ownership is transferred. C&K Southern Doodles will be responsible for all breeding related costs including all required health testing. Males will need to be kept by C&K Southern Doodles only when it is time to breed. Females will need to be kept at C&K Southern Doodles at the time of breeding as well as when she is ready to have her litter. She will stay with us for about 8 weeks in order to nurse and care for her puppies.
WHAT ARE THE REQUIREMENTS OF BEING A GUARDIAN HOME?
- Must live within 1 hour from Columbia TN
- Own their own home, with a fully fenced in yard.
- Be in good health and maintain an active lifestyle.
- All dogs and pups placed in guardian families must be indoor dogs, and never be left outside unattended for long periods of time.
- Guardian families must have reliable transportation, and a willingness to bring the guardian dog to breeder when needed.
- Maintain open lines of communication with breeder concerning any and all matters concerning the guardian dog.
- Must alert breeder of any changes in dog including but not limited to: coming into heat, any injuries, any changes in health, etc...
- Have no other intact dogs in the household.
- Keep on Nuvet supplements though out breeding career.
- Maintain coat of dog.
- Make certain that the dog is available for breeding purposes.
-Must be open to my suggestions and wishes regarding the raising of the of the dog. I only want guardians that are flexible and easy to work with. I will not tolerate renegotiations or refusal to follow the originally agreed to terms.
-Must following our protocol for vaccinations, monthly medications and supplements.
IF YOU MEET THESE REQUIRMENTS PLEASE CONTACT US FOR AN APPLICATION.
While being evaluated for consideration as an addition to out breeding program your puppy will be completely health tested and have a full DNA profile, without you paying for any of the testing yourself. We assess puppies up to their 1st year of age and C&K Southern Doodles will pay to have this completed. If we breed them they will continue to live with you as your beloved pet when not having/making babies. If C&K Southern Doodles decides for any reason not to add the guardian dog to our breeding program, the guardian family will spay/neuter the dog, and will have a beautiful health puppy for free.